Dear Foot and Ankle Specialists of Ohio Patients,
Families and Friends:
News of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 has caused great concern in our community, our country and worldwide. As always, we consider your health and safety and that of our staff, a top priority. After the Shelter in Place Order given by Governor DeWine on March 22, 2010, we will provide our services with the following considerations:
1. If you are experiencing or have experienced within the last two weeks: a cough, runny nose or difficulty breathing, please call to reschedule your appointment 4403578418. If applicable, we are offering TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENTS (please see more information below) to provide other treatment options for those that cannot make it into the office. This is also in compliance with the Shelter in Place Order as we will be only seeing in the office those that absolutely need to be seen and deemed so by our practitioners and staff.
2. If you or anyone in your family has traveled outside of the US and/or cruised in the last two weeks and/or been around someone possibly infected with the virus, please reschedule your appointment.
3. We are requesting only the patient enter the office; and encourage the parent/family member/friends(s) to stay in the car (this does NOT apply to minors.)
4. Our front office team will continue to check you in manually and continue to minimize any contact. In an effort to minimize contact in the reception area, if there are more than 3-4 people in the waiting room, you will be given a number and you will wait in the car until our front office team calls you to come in.
5. Please use the hand sanitizer at our front desks upon your arrival and again upon leaving.
6. Our staff and practitioners will be practicing social distancing when we greet you, but will ALWAYS deliver exceptional care with a smile.
7. We are encouraging our staff members to stay home if feeling ill and to do so for at least 24-48 hrs or longer depending on their signs and symptoms. We also, as mandated, perform temperature screenings on all staff prior to and after their shifts.
8. We will be wiping down counters, keyboards, office areas and high touch surfaces continuously throughout the day.
9. Should you arrive to our office and begin to cough or sneeze, we will kindly ask that you place a mask over your nose and mouth and wear gloves — understand that we may also reschedule your appointment for the protection of other patients and our staff.
10. We ask kindly, that patients/visitors to our office not to take home gloves, masks or hand sanitizer as we need to conserve these for our dedicated medical team especially in light of the recent shortages.
11. TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENTS: Please check with your insurance regarding your coverage regarding telemedicine visits. We are offering this to those that cannot come into the office and also to help triage who needs to be actually seen in the office. In order to do this, you will need to log into your patient web portal: www.yourhealthfile.com. Our staff will be happy to provide this option if applicable and assist you if needed
Foot and Ankle Specialists of Ohio will continue to follow recommendations from the CDC, State and Local officials regarding COVID-19. We will also continue to follow the recommendations of our affiliated hospitals Lake Health and University Hospitals. We appreciate your understanding at this time. We ask that each and everyone please be compliant with the orders given by Governor DeWine and be safe.
Dr. Gladys de Leon Dr. Stephen Frania Dr. Andy Orta Sarah Small, CNP and the Staff of Foot and Ankle Specialists of Ohio